Albert (a robot double of Wolverine) was created along with his counterpart, Elsie Dee, by Donald Pierce. These androids were designed to kill Wolverine. The Wolverine double was to act as the bait and Elsie-Dee (who outwardly appears to be a 5 year old girl) was to trap Wolverine in a burning building were she would detonate with sufficient force to kill him. Initially, Albert had a primitive artificial brain with limited higher logic functions and no emotions, and he was not referred to as Albert, but as "Dummy". Pierce's plan to kill Wolverine failed because one of the Reavers, Bonebreaker, accidentally gave Elsie-Dee the maximum artificial intelligence one of Pierce's automatons was capable of. As a result Elsie-Dee eventually found a way to defuse her detonation sequence and enhanced the primitive intelligence of her counterpart, giving him intelligence beyond even hers. It was at this point that Elsie named him Albert, after Albert Einstein. Having met Wolverine, he and Elsie-Dee decided that he was a noble person and did not deserve to die and consequently abandoned their mission. The two robots risked their artificial lives several times for each other and for Wolverine. At some point they travelled in time and had several adventures, even teaming up with an old enemy of Wolverine's, Bloodscream. Their current whereabouts are unknown.
Powers and Abilities
All of Albert's powers were based around Wolverine powers.
- Enhanced Agility: His robotic body gives him superhuman bodily coordination, balance, and agility.
- Enhanced Durability: Albert's durability is so strong, that he is virtually bulletproof.
- Enhanced Reflexes: His robotic body gives him sharper and quicker reflexes than average humans.
- Enhanced Senses: Albert possesses robotic senses that are greatly enhanced, similar to Wolverine's. With this ability he can see in Infrared Heat.
- Enhanced Stamina: Albert's body produces less fatigue toxins than that of an average human.
- Enhanced Strength: Albert's superhuman strength allows him to lift things in between 800 lbs to 25 tons.
- Retractable Claws: Albert possesses six retractable 12-inch long claws, with three on each hand.
Albert is extremely smart with a genius-level intellect and he possesses Wolverine's martial arts skills.
Infra-red vision, internal radios.
Adamantium claws capable of cutting through most substances.