Alex Summers Jr. was born on May 21 ,1999. He's father is Alex Summers his mother is Lorna Dane. When Alex Jr. was nine years-old his powers started manifesting. His mother noticed bits and peices of his hair turning green like her's. His father was happy and sad for that Aj doesn't have his abilities. The next day during school the teacher asked Aj to help her move her metal desk. He lifted the metal desk using magnokinesis. His teacher called him a blessed little boy. It turns out that his teacher was the weather mutant Storm. Storm asked him if he would like to join the X-Men he agreed. His mother smiled at the fact that he will be a hero.
When Aj was practicing in the Danger Room with Cyclops, a burst of energy came from his chest and shot at Cyclops. Luckily Scott was immune to his family energy blasts. Havok, Aj's father, was proud of his son, and taught him how to control it.
After Havok's lessons, Aj would always go practice with his mother. When Aj went to go he found a note from Magneto.
If you would like to see your mother come to your old apartments.
When Aj went to his old apartments he had to find someone: Juggernaut, Quicksilver, Avalanche, or Toad.He chose Avalanche, so Polar just used his magnetic control to pick Avalanche up and threw him as far as he could. He then got his mother back because he used his powers in broad daylight instead of trying to hide them from humans. He then was so furious he picked up everything metal and launched them at Magneto even though Magneto is the King of Magnetism, Aj was young so he had the upper hand. Magneto failed to get a hold of all the metal. He eventually gave up fighting his Grandpa and left with his mother.
Powers and Abilities:
- Magnetic Force-Fields: Polar can protect himself from physical harm, can stretch his fields to protect a large group, and can suspend persons or objects in the air.
- Magnetic Flight: Polar can suspend himself in flight by riding the Earth's magnetic field.
- Electromagnetic Sight: By concentrating, Polar can perceive the world around himself solely as patterns of magnetic and electrical energy. He can perceive the natural magnetic auras surrounding living beings, as well.
- Magnetic Pulse: Polar can focus his magnetic energy into powerful concussive blasts. He can also overload or short-circuit electrical systems.
- Energy Absorption: Polar has been shown absorbing some forms of energy through his magnetic force fields to temporarily boost his own strengths.
- Plasma Emanation: Ability to shoot or emanate plasma in the form of a blast or discharge, with a tell-tale concentric circle pattern. These waves will emanate from his body in all directions unless he purposefully tries to channel them in a single direction, usually along the length of his arms. This results in control over an extremely powerful sort of destructive force. When Polar strikes an object with the waves of intensity of hot plasma, the sudden vast jump in temperature will often cause objects to shatter, explode, or seemingly disintegrate. Should Polar direct his energy at the lowest level, he can project it towards a human being and his target will suffer a severe headache but will not burn up.
- Flight: Polar can also use stored energy for flight by directing it as a downward thrust.